In my garden, lie a few unsuspecting eggplants. I was hungry this afternoon after only eating a couple of spoonfuls of humus, some low-fat yogurt and some multi-grain flat bread. I stalked my prey and cut them down in the prime of their lives.
I did make some low-fat eggplant Parmesan without most of the cheese and salt that most people use for it. I started with eggplant from the garden. I love fresh vegetables. Also, I used peppers from the garden
5 small eggplants
1 shallot chopped fine
1 whole green pepper chopped fine
3 cloves of garlic chopped fine
1/2 small onion chopped coarse
1 jalapeño pepper (seeded) chopped fine
1/2 cup of low-fat croutons
2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese grated
1 24 oz Jar of Spaghetti sauce (70 calories)
salt & pepper to taste
Take out baking pan and spray with cooking oil. Turn on oven to 400 F degrees. Cut up the eggplant in ringed slices and season with salt and pepper. Place in pan, 1 layer of eggplant to cover the bottom of the pan. Then add the chopped vegetables over that layer. Then add the rest of the eggplant to the top. Add the Spaghetti sauce, then the croutons and finally the Parmesan cheese.
Put in the oven and bake for 50 – 90 minutes or until the eggplant is soft. Cool. Eat. Bon appetite!
- No Guilt Low-Fat Eggplant Parmesan Dish (lowfat.answers.com)
- You + Eggplants = Strong Brain (800medigap.com)
- Low Fat Italian Eggplant Rollatini Recipe (weightloss.answers.com)
- Eggplant Parm (iamanrd.wordpress.com)
- Aubergine and Lavender Pasta (solefoodkitchen.com)
- Eggplant Parmesan Bruschetta (lifefoodhappiness.com)
- How To Make: Easy Eggplant Parmesan (thatshamori.wordpress.com)
- Simple low-cal eggplant paramsean. Gluten free & vegetarian. (thesimplehunger.wordpress.com)